Are you deeply bothered by your fibromyalgia issues and desperately need a cure to alleviate your pain? Luckily for you, there is some good news.
Several companies have introduced CBD products to help people who are suffering from fibromyalgia. It is said that when you use CBD for fibromyalgia, you can reduce the symptoms that come with it.
Fibromyalgia is a disease characterized by widespread pain in the body, fatigue, emotional stress, and difficulty in getting sleep.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately four million American adults are suffering from the condition.
The agency also claimed that the risk for women to have the disease is twofold higher than men.
Adverse Effects of Fibromyalgia to Your Physical and Mental Health
Experts claimed fibromyalgia could affect people with the condition both physically and mentally. These complications impact your health, your relationships, and your job.
Here are some adverse effects of the disease:
- You’re more likely to have a lower quality of life than people without fibromyalgia.
- You’re at higher risks of frequent hospitalization due to the complications of your condition.
- You’re more prone to suffer from major depression, so make sure to undergo medical screening and therapy for depression. Based on studies, fibromyalgia patients are at very high risk of experiencing depression.
- You’re more likely to commit suicide and more prone to injuries due to your unbearable pain.
- You’re at higher risk of suffering from other painful conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and osteoarthritis.
How CBD Can Help in Your Fibromyalgia Treatment
According to medical experts, fibromyalgia can be managed through lifestyle changes and medication.
Making use of CBD for fibromyalgia is another welcome development in the management of the disease.
Both federal authorities and medical researchers already proved the potency of CBD as a treatment for various ailments.
CBD is a substance that is found in the Cannabis sativa plant species, like marijuana and hemp. However, the U.S. federal government is yet to approve the use of CBD products, so check with your local authorities before buying CBD-based medications.
Here are some ways CBD can help manage your fibromyalgia:
- It has potent anti-inflammatory properties. According to research published in “Journal of Pain,” fibromyalgia patients have high levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines that aggravate their suffering. CBD suppresses the generation of these cytokines to help ease your pain.
- It contains powerful analgesic capability. Fibromyalgia is painful and very sensitive to pressure. Based on a study, CBD relieved inflammation and neuropathic pain in animal models significantly.
- It helps treat sleep issues, like insomnia. Fibromyalgia patients complain about their discomfort, pain, anxiety, and stress that cause them sleepless nights. Studies showed CBD has soothing effects to help you get quality sleep.
- It relieves irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Based on research, almost 42% of people with fibromyalgia showed symptoms of IBS. CBD’s pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory characteristics help manage IBS and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- It helps manage posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Fibromyalgia patients are at high risk of PTSD. The use of CBD for fibromyalgia medication can prevent PTSD symptoms, like nightmares, due to its anxiolytic and anti-depressant properties.
Fibromyalgia is a condition with no definite cure yet. It is, therefore, essential to find sustainable solutions to manage its symptoms.
High-quality CBD medication could be the one for you. Make sure to consult with your physician before using the product to avoid complications.
Ellen Hollington is a freelance writer who offers ghostwriting, copywriting and blogging services. She works closely with B2C and B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention and increases their search engine visibility.