Quitting smoking can be quite challenging especially for people who have fallen into a habit of smoking daily. In most cases, it is not something that you can decide to do in a day.
However, the improvements in the quality of life and health of the person that decides to quit are priceless.
This makes the fight for freedom from tobacco worth every ounce of commitment and effort invested in it.
Here are five effective tips to help you quit smoking:
- DEVELOP A PLAN TO STOP SMOKING: Creating a plan to stop smoking will help you achieve your goal faster. Here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Set a quit-smoking deadline: You are not going to gain your freedom in a single day. However, picking a realistic date that you aim to quit smoking will help you stay committed and focused.
- Carry your doctor along: You will increase your chances of quitting smoking if you carry your doctor along. They can advise you on which nicotine replacement medications to use or therapy that will make shopping easier.
- Start immediately: The best way to begin is to make the decision to stop smoking. A good tip is to reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke daily.
- Be wise: Make inquiries about what nicotine withdrawal symptoms you may experience and how you can overcome them.
- Use alternatives: You can employ the use of other cigarette alternatives such as hard candy, electronic vapes, etc. Visit ePuffer website for effective cigarette alternatives.
- GET MOTIVATION AND HELP TO QUIT SMOKING:
- Let friends and family help: It is a good idea that you have at least one person that can help motivate you to stay focused on your goal.
- Change the company: you keep The best strategy is spending time with non-smokers instead of smokers. If this is not possible, you can simply ask your friends not to smoke whenever you are with them.
- Join motivating groups: A great way to stay focused is to join a group that will support you, share the battles they faced and how they overcame them.
- PLAN TO CELEBRATE YOUR STOP-SMOKING DAY:
- Avoid smoking completely: make sure that you do not smoke a cigarette on this day
- Keep yourself busy: There is a great chance that you will not even think of smoking if you have a busy day.
- Take your doctor’s advice: It is important that you use the nicotine replacement strategy offered by your doctor.
- Stay hydrated: Juice and water will help in flushing nicotine residues out of your body.
- GET READY TO FIGHT:
- Stay away from anything that can trigger a desire to smoke: It is better to stay clear than to fight most of the time.
- Deal with the cravings: There are several techniques that can help you pass the time when battling with smoke cravings. You can choose to avoid smoking for 10 minutes after the craving kicks in.
- DON’T LET FAILING STOP YOU: The fact is that you will slip on some days. Make sure that you do not lose your will to keep fighting. It is advisable that you avoid alcohol and you develop a reward system for every milestone that you reach. If you slip, all you need to do is get back on track.
It is quite challenging to quit smoking; however, it is not an impossible mission if you stay committed.