There are many medical supplies that health care organizations use. With the rise in financial pressure on these health care facilities, supply chain managers are making their buying decisions carefully.
Finding an online marketplace that sells affordable medical supplies online to the public in need can help you to save money.
Surgical Supplies is one of the most trusted durable medical supply stores in New York, and our service area covers the entire US country. The leader in surgical supplies, medical equipment, health care products, nursing supplies and medical supplies.
1.) Central Line Dressing Change Trays
They are the pre-packaged trays that include everything a nurse requires to change dressing of patients around a central line IV. Doing this is very vital as it prevents the risk of harmful infections around the central line.
2.) IV Start Kits
In the hospitals and nursing homes, patients usually need medications or fluids dropped in their bloodstream via tube, needle, securement device, and an intravenous bag.
This process has become so common that most of the supply teams of hospitals have been collecting their IV start kits for decades.
Nowadays, many distributors have been started selling their own pre-packaged kits. They are mainly used to begin Intravenous therapy (IV) (it is a therapy that delivers liquid substances directly into a vein) in the patient.
Common supplies in this kit are:
- Securement device
- Alcohol pads, scrub, and prep
- Common Medical Supplies Used in
- Medical Treatments
- PVP ampule
3.) Standard Procedure and General Purpose Kits
They are medical supplies used by health care experts. General purpose kits usually include supplies that are frequently used for more than one procedure. General procedures include:
- Nosebleed processes
- Chest tube placement
- Incision and damage procedures.
Supplies that are found in standard procedure and general purpose kits include:
- Compartment tray
- Cotton swabs and balls
- Other tools like scalpels, scissors, and forceps etc.
4.) Diagnosis Procedures:
There are a lot of processes performed with the intention of curing, but few are done with the aim of screening a patient for diagnosis. There are numerous websites where you can shop your medical supplies online. They mainly include:
- Thermometers used in health care facilities and at home (they are used to identify the body temperature to detect various other health conditions).
- Sphygmomanometers (they are blood pressure kits used to test BP to screen for diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disorders, etc).
- Electrocardiographs (they measure the electrical activity of the heart to screen various heart disorders).
- Stethoscopes (they are mainly used to listen to heartbeat to ensure that it’s healthy, hear bloodstream of veins and arteries, inhalation of lungs, and exhalation of breath.
- Ophthalmoscopes (they are used to see the eye of a patient during an eye exam). If you are examining a patient, do not forget to install a privacy screen in the room. It enables patients to speak to their doctor without any apprehension during screening.
5.) Laceration Procedures
A laceration is a cut in the skin, muscle, or tissue. A laceration repair processes include cleaning, preparing, protecting wound for fast healing. Supplies typically include:
- Medicine cups
- Compartment trays
Check out a brief guide to set up your own laboratory
6.) Diabetic Procedures
They are usually medical supplies which the diabetic patients use at home and carry with them during travel. These specialized tools are mainly intended for self-administered processes like:
- Insulin syringes (for injecting insulin shots whenever required).
- Sharps disposal containers (they are used to dispose of a needle at home after the diabetic procedures are performed).
- Lancet drums, glucose meters, lancets, glucose test strips (to check the sugar amount in the blood).
- Hydrogel and other ointments (to heal needle-stick wounds due to constant blood glucose testing).
Types of Medical Supplies that You May Require:
Few health disorders can be managed with prescription medicines only, but others may need you to purchase medical supplies online or from retail stores for your daily use at home.
- Common supplies like latex gloves, bandages, and incontinence products.
- Supplies that give you independence like a wheelchair, scooter, walker, etc.
- Items like pill cases to monitor and manage your medicines.
- Supplies that are used after surgery like PICC line or chemotherapy port.
- Supplies that boost home safety like bathroom railings.
Hi, I’m the Founder and Developer of Paramedics World, a blog truly devoted to Paramedics. I am a Medical Lab Tech, a Web Developer and Bibliophiliac. My greatest hobby is to teach and motivate other peoples to do whatever they wanna do in life.